Touching the Tide Guides
Touching the Tide, a Heritage Lottery Fund scheme along the Suffolk coast, produced a number of guides to explorer and investigate our ever changing coast.
You can download for free them by clicking on the publication name below:
- Tides of Change: 2 million years on the Suffolk Coast - a walking guide to the rich geology of our coast
- Become a Beach Detective - is a booklet to take with you to explore Suffolk’s beaches giving you lots of information about the treasures you’ll find beachcombing. Reprinted January 2018, with thanks to Suffolk Secrets.
- A Guide to Suffolk Coastal Art - shows how our coast has evolved and continues to do so – only available as a download, out of print
- Battling the Elements: Southwold's Changing Fortunes – this guide describes a thousand years in the town’s history.
- Life & Death at Barber's Point: A Saxon cemetery on the cusp of Christianity -- the intriguing story of the archaeology of this mysterious site near Aldeburgh
- Suffolk's Changing Coast - looks at the questions raised by coastal change from many different perspectives
“A Map of Mystery: The Secrets of the Suffolk Coast” was also produced by Touching the Tide, designed and illustrated by Reb Capper at Steamboat Creative. It is now out of print (Sept 2017), awaiting sponsorship to be able to reprint it. We apologise that this leaflet is too complex to make available as a download.
Touching the Tide also produced: