Promoted Route Volunteer Surveyors
Promoted Route Volunteers check sections of walks/routes promoted by the Suffolk Coast & Heaths AONB Team (ideally every year), recording obstructions, vandalism, erosion etc.
The Promoted Routes are The Suffolk Coast Path, Stour and Orwell Walk, Sandlings Walk, Sailors' Path and Explorer Guide routes.
The volunteers undertake some simple maintenance, such as cutting back overhanging vegetation, replacing missing waymark discs, posts etc. Surveying the routes is a great way to help look after the AONB and a fantastic opportunity to meet new people and get out and about in the fresh air. Full guidance will be provided, so no expertise or experience is neccesary - all we ask for is your time and enthusiasm!
We currently have vacancies for volunteers to survey the following walks/routes:
Suffolk Coast Path:
- East Point Pavilion, Lowestoft to E end of Arbor Lane, Pakefield.
- E end of Arbor Lane, Pakefield to Oaklands Terrace, Kessingland.
- Oaklands Terrace, Kessingland to E end of Beach Road, Kessingland (Waterfront Cafe).
- E end of Beach Road, Kessingland (Waterfront Cafe) to Beach Farm, Benacre.
- Beach Farm, Benacre to Little Austgates, Covehithe.
- Blaxhall & Tunstall; Kessingland; Sailors' Path; Shotley; Snape; Southwold, Sutton Heath, Walberswick, Woodbridge.
- Summer 2016: We are currently looking for a Volunteer Surveyor to survey Stage 5 of the Sandlings Walk, Snape Maltings to Thorpeness.
To find out more about taking part, contact an AONB Countryside Officer.