Order Notice published by Natural England regarding Boundary Review
Natural England is currently considering a variation to the southern boundary of the Suffolk Coast & Heaths AONB. Natural England, a government agency, has special responsibility for AONBs and National Parks, and for the natural environment, promoting projects such as the England Coast Path and agri-environment schemes.
Natural England have published a Notice that it proposes to make an Order designating land as Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in both the London Gazette and the East Anglian Daily Times, as required by the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.
If subsequently confirmed by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, the Order would vary the boundary of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty to include an additional area of approximately 38 square kilometres in the counties of Essex and Suffolk in and around:
• the Stour Estuary (in Tendring and Babergh Districts)
• the Samford Valley (in Babergh District)
• the Freston Brook (in Babergh District).
A copy of the draft variation Order and associated maps has been deposited for public inspection for a period of 28 working days at each of the places named below. They will be open for inspection free of charge between the hours of 09.30 and 16.30 from Mondays to Fridays, or as shown below, from 12 February to 22 March 2019:
• Natural England Norwich Office, Reception, Dragonfly House, 2 Gilders Way, Norwich, NR3 1UB, the documents will be available at the reception desk;
• Natural England Cambridge Office, Eastbrook, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8DR, the documents will be available at the reception desk;
• Suffolk Coast and Heaths AONB Office, Dock Lane, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1PE. Please contact Simon Amstutz, AONB Manager on 01394 445 225, to arrange a suitable time.
• Manningtree Library, High St, Manningtree CO11 1AD. Open Tues-Sat, contact 0345 603 7628 or check their website for opening hours.
• Harwich Library, Upper Kingsway, Dovercourt, Harwich CO12 3J. Open Thu-Sat, Mon-Tues contact 0345 603 7628, or check their website for opening hours.
• Ipswich County Library, Northgate Street, Ipswich, IP1 3DE. Open daily, contact 01473 827 260, or check their website for opening hours.
• Capel St Mary Library, Village Hall, The Street, Capel St Mary, IP9 2EP. Open Tues to Sun, contact 01473 311 699, or check their website for opening hours.
Copies of the draft Orders and maps are also available for download online from .GOV and at: www.gov.uk/government/publications.
Background information on the process can also be seen on the Boundary Review page of this website.