As part of the Leiston Loves Swifts Project, come along and learn about the incredible lives of swifts and see them in action! Your chance too to put your name down for free swift boxes and callers.
1. Leiston – Wednesday 30th June – 7pm – Meet outside the Long Shop Museum / Engineers Arms in Leiston (IP16 4ER)
2. Middleton – Tuesday 6th July – 7pm – Meet outside Middleton Primary School (IP17 3NR)
3. Thorpeness – Wednesday 7th July – 7pm – Meet at the B1353 end of Lakeside Avenue by the Mere (IP16 4NJ)
For further details please contact AONB Nature Recovery Officer Alex Moore da Luz at email@example.com.
Leiston Loves Swifts Volunteers
The AONB is looking to recruit local volunteers to help raise awareness about swifts and find suitable locations for the installation of swift boxes and callers.
The AONB has been awarded funding through the Galloper Wind Farm Fund which will pay for the distribution of 108 swift boxes and 18 callers in Leiston, Thorpeness and Middleton to suitable sites.
It is hoped the boxes will provide nesting opportunities for this dramatically declining AONB Nature Recovery Priority Species.
Would you like to help with all or some of the following things:
- Help raise awareness about the plight of swifts and what can be done by local communities to help reverse its decline
- Identify suitable buildings that swift boxes could be put up on and encourage local residents, schools and businesses to host the boxes
- Distribution of swift boxes and callers to swift box hosts and providing advice on how to install them (volunteers will be trained in this). Swift boxes and callers will not be installed by volunteers or the AONB. The box hosts will be responsible for doing this in a safe manner.
To register your interest, please contact AONB Nature Recovery Officer Alex Moore da Luz at firstname.lastname@example.org.